Get your body Summer Ready!!
As Madinina Kiss is entering its second quarter, we have been behind the scenes working hard to bring you- our customers and followers- another great product just in time or the warmth of the Spring and Summer. Madinina Kiss will be re-launching its Body Oil Collection!
Beach bodies come in all shape and sizes. It’s about health, beauty and self-love in the skin you are in. As such we must take care of our skin, for it is the first line of defense for our temple. For those of us that are beach lovers like myself, salt water is not only known to do great things for your hair (hello, texture), it’s also widely believed to be good for your skin in addition to other healing properties. That said, a long day spent in the sea can also leave your skin feeling a bit dry and dull. As a person who spent many summer days at the family beach house, I can tell you that coconut oil was my best friend, and still is. It acted as a water repellant leaving my sea-salt wet skin moisturized. So the dryness and dullness others experienced, I did not. Unlike, our pool lovers, the chemical treatment in the water is not good for the skin at all. I would not recommend applying any natural body oil before entering the pool, but definitely immediately after.
I know that sometimes making the switch from body lotion from body oil can be challenging, especially if you see “oils” as greasy”. And while some may still initially balk at the idea of smoothing it onto their skin after a shower or bath, beach or pool time, the benefits are undeniable, especially when you see the results first hand.
Did you know that coconut oil is a natural sunblock? Yes! It provides and SPF of about 4 which blocks 75% of UV radiation. 75% protection is about 45 minutes of sun exposure. Madinina Kiss oils are made with coconut oil as a base oil, which seals moisture into your skin and protects the body from sunburn as long as it is used correctly., and then we add other oils such as almond, olive, jojoba, for added moisture into your skin, keeping it hydrated, fresh-looking, and protected against environmental factors including smog and other pollutants. Madinina Kiss Oils typically prefers using coconut oil alone, but sometimes we like to switch things up and add a lightly scented mixture. And I’m not talking about the cloying, manufactured scent of store bought concoctions, but something customized, earthy, and beneficial. This is where essential oil-infused body oil comes in.
Our customer favorites have been our Lover’s Brew, Lemon Fresh and L’Anse Mitan (named after the town where our beach house is located in Martinique.)
Still not convinced? Check out 10 Awesome Uses for Madinina Kiss Body Oil
1. Manicure. Rub a dab of body oil on your cuticles to soften.
2. Pedicure. Rub a generous amount of body oil all over your feet. Put on thick cotton socks and allow the oils to soak in. (Do this before bed for extra oomph.)
3. Perfume. We know most of our customers don’t like perfumes or synthetic fragrances (we don’t either!), but if you like the subtle scent of clean citrus in our body oil, apply a few drops along pulse points for a light fragrance. (Pulse points are behind the ears, knees, wrists, elbows and neck area.)
4. Shaving “cream.” Rub generously on legs for a close shave. Using our body oil may also reduce shaving irritation and eliminate the need for a post-shave moisturizer.
5. Frizz-buster. Place 1 or 2 drops of body oil into your hands and run lightly through the hair. (This also helps with dry ends!)
6. Deep-conditioning hair treatment. Rub a generous amount into your hair before bed. Comb it, pile it in a loose bun on the top of your head, place a towel over your pillow, and hit the hay. In the morning , shampoo as usual and enjoy your luxurious locks!
7. Body exfoliator. Make a basic sugar scrub mixing a 2-1 ratio of sugar to body oil. Mix in a small bowl or jar. Rub gently into skin in the shower and rinse off. You won’t believe how soft your skin will feel!
8. Bath booster. Get lux in the tub by adding our unique mixture of nourishing essential oils that leave your skin feeling silky smooth.
9. Lip softener. Make your lips extra kissable by mixing 1 TSP each of brown sugar, vanilla extract, and body oil; gently rubbing into lips; and wiping off with a warm wash cloth.
10. Paw lubricant. Does your puppy get sore, cracked paws from walking on hot sidewalks in the summer or from cold, dry winter air? Rub some body oil on her paw pads for healing and relief.